Friday, November 30, 2012

Unfortunately, I have very little to report this week.

And I didn't even take very many pictures!

I'm almost done with processing the Bloody Sunday portion of the Don Mullan collection. Still finding nuggets of information and interesting things, but far fewer than I had in the past. So - I apologize for the brief post!


I am fairly certain that that is not the correct word. (Eminence does not equal imminence. But maybe Cardinal John O'Connor was about to occur!)


READ THIS. It is beautiful. And ridiculous. It was prompted by Canada's customs officials seizing some of Mullan's documents and books - he had said that he was doing personal travel when he was coming to give a speech, and they interpreted the books as "business-related," thus meaning that he was traveling under false pretenses. Obviously it was a huge mixup, but Mullan and others interpreted the seizure as politically motivated, which Canadian officials denied. Mullan sued, and many angry letters were sent - like this one!

Until next week, y'all,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment