Friday, October 12, 2012

This week was...well, more of the same. I'm still wading through the Don Mullan papers. That's been exciting, and uncomfortable. I think I was spoiled with the Prejean papers - she's genuinely an amazing person. There is not a streak of hypocrisy in her. Any "scandals" that she was involved in were because she was too good, or too loving.

I'm not saying that Mullan is not a good person, who has offered wonderful things to the world, since he most certainly has! - however, he's human in a way that Prejean isn't. I've come across what seem to me to be lots of petty litigation, and also some misfiled personal documents that are making me question Mullan as a ethical person...that's no good (please don't sue me.).  All that aside, he's an excellent researcher and he's done a lot for Ireland, so on to what I know y'all are here for: the pictures!





This seemed at first to be a mysterious bit of paper. In fact, it's documentation of Mullan's "EUREKA" moment while he was researching the events in his book, "Speaking Truth to Power." 



Doodles? Research? Thinking on paper? I'm as mystified as you are.




 

...this was from his friend and partner in humanitarianism, Gary White Deer. It made me laugh, since so much of the rest of the collection is so gloomy - for good reason! But I was glad for this lighthearted bit.


This, too, was from Gary White Deer. It's nice and uplifting for a busy student like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment