Friday, October 5, 2012

Hoo boy. This week has been a rough one.

The Don Mullan papers are organized, sort of. They're at least in binders. But I can't for the life of me figure out if there's any coherence behind what got placed with what - practically nothing is dated - and it's all really interesting! It's taking me a very long time to get through anything because I keep getting distracted by content - soldier 027's testimony, for instance, or books regarding other Nationalist/Loyalist conflicts, or emails between Mullan and one of the people he wrote a book on (dude was rude!). I can't help but wonder what people would think, if they knew that I was reading their testimonies - some crude, some heartfelt, some alarming, some incredibly sad.


There were extensive (mostly unreadable) notes on the back of this drink coaster. I KNOW.


Mysterious map of India. Not sure why it was there...


We got a new shipment of books! These are Florence Kelley's! (She is super cool, in case you didn't know.) (Also, juveniles were arrested for "general incorrigibility." If that was still a crime, we'd have EVEN MORE overcrowded jails.)


Check it out! My archives! It's complete! (Not the Mullan papers, obviously.)


Portrait of Ghandi as a Young Man. Or postcard.


Aaaaaand this is their new home. It's nice to have this one finished and not feel like I'm a total failure with approaching the mess of the Mullan papers. I like feeling like I'm capable of finishing something, even though it was relatively a much smaller project and already fairly well-organized.

That's all for this week. I'll keep plugging away and taking pictures of the more unusual things!

No comments:

Post a Comment